Support the future of the Bearcat Alumni Band by making a contribution to the 2017 Down the Drive Campaign for Colorguard. Our guard members have been able to borrow a few random practice flags from the undergraduate band, but not having our own set has impacted our ability to recruit new members. We need to raise about $2,000 to purchase a full set of colorguard equipment. Give today to help us raise the needed funds in time for Homecoming this fall! Thank you for your continued vital support of the UC Bearcat Bands program.
Come have a drink and meet the new director of the Bearcat Bands, Chris Nichter! Thursday, June 29 | 6-9pm R.P. McMurphy's Pub | Oakley 2910 Wasson Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45209 Facebook event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/543173866071197/
Looking to have some fun making making music with friends this summer? Join the UC Community Band! Below are some details about our season from Community Band Manager Kristen Ujvari. Additional questions? Email Kristen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who: You!
- First rehearsal: Wednesday, May 4
- Rehearsals: Wednesday evenings through July
- Time: 7-9pm
- Directors: Bob Bass (Mason) and Andy Randall (Middletown)
- Location: Rockwern Band Center on the University of Cincinnati Main Campus (147 Corry Blvd, Cincinnati, OH 45219)
- Cost: $10 annual fee
- Uniform: $15 one time cost for a UCCB shirt. Note: Already have one from last year? You are good to go! Dress for concerts includes this shirt with all black (pants, socks, shoes, belt and undershirt).
- Parking: You can park on any streets in Clifton (meters usually stop at 6pm) or you can park in a garage which will have a parking fee. More info on the campus garages is available here.
- Instruments: Need an instrument? Please contact Kristen right away per her email above.
- Next steps: Come to practice, bring friends (consider sharing this awesome UCCB tear-off poster with them), bring your instrument and have fun!
- June 22 @ 7pm: Kennedy Heights Art Center (6546 Montgomery Road, Cincinnati, OH 45213)
- July 7 @ 7pm: Maple Knoll Village (11100 Springfield Pike, Cincinnati, Oh 45346) *This performance is not open to the public.*
- July 11 @ 7pm: Greenhills Concerts on the Commons (24 Farragut Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45218)
- June 16 @ 7pm: Winton Woods Harbor (10245 Winton Road, Cincinnati, OH 45231)
- July 19 @ 7pm: Blue Ash Nature Park Amphitheater for the Blue Ash Tuesday Night Concert Series (4433 Cooper Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242) Map of the park grounds: http://www.blueash.
Save the date for Homecoming 2016! The Reunion will be Friday night, October 21 and the game will be Saturday, October 22 (theme and game time to be announced likely one month out in September 2016).
Greetings Bearcats! I am currently working with the undergrad band to put together a social activity for alumni and undergraduate members. This will be a great time to get to better know some fellow band members, past and present. We are currently looking at bowling at Newport on the Levee on Sunday, February 21st in the early afternoon. This date works best for the undergraduate members since we have to work around basketball schedules, rehearsals, and a host of other band events. If you are interested in this event, please let me know by *Friday, February 5th*. We will need to reserve lanes ahead of time and put down a 50% deposit, so it’s essential we have an accurate count of who will be attending. We are planning to bowl from 1-3pm and the cost will be *approximately* $15 including your games and shoes. The exact cost will change based on the number of people per lane, as we will be paying a flat fee per lane, per hour. Please understand that because we are prepaying half the cost of the lanes, it is essential to accurately RSVP on time. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at email@example.com or call/text at 513-520-2379. Thank you! Brian Pack