Rockwern Band Center
After 85 years on the campus of the University of Cincinnati, the Bearcat Bands finally have a home of their own. The first meeting of the organization occurred in 1920 in one of the laboratories at the College of Engineering. Since that time, some of the more well known facilities of the band were located under the steps of Nippert Stadium, in a boiler room in the basement of Lawrence Hall, the Siddall Dining Hall, and most recently the East Armory bleachers and East Lobby of Armory Fieldhouse. It was not until March of 2005 that the band packed up shop again for its permanent destination in the Rockwern Band Center. The Rockwern Band Center was officially dedicated on May 26, 2005 in the presence of Rockwern Foundation members and several UC dignitaries.
Unlike all previous facilities, the Rockwern Band Center was the first location actually designed for housing the Bearcat Bands. The main rehearsal room is acoustically tuned for band rehearsal and can comfortably seat 350 people. This room is also equipped with instrument storage lockers, professional rehearsal equipment, and state-of-the-art audio/visual equipment. Auxiliary rooms contributing to the Rockwern Band Center are located one level directly above the main rehearsal room. These auxiliary rooms include a full-scale music library, a small instrument repair area, a uniform and equipment storage room, men's and women's locker and shower rooms, and an office complex for the administrative functions of the Bearcat Bands. The office area includes a private office for the director of bands, an assistant director's office, a conference room, and a reception area.
The Rockwern Band Center is located at the following address:
147 Corry Boulevard
Cincinnati, Ohio 45221
This facility has been made possible by the University of Cincinnati and the Rockwern Foundation.