* Please note 12/27/12 alumni pep band has been cancelled due to the UC Band's trip to the bowl game. *
It's basketball season on campus! Which means we once again have the opportunity to join the undergrad band in playing at some games. Dr. Besse, Assistant Director of the Undergrad Band, sent us the invitation below. Please give it a quick read, and check out the attached schedule. --> Schedule of Basketball Bands 2012 - 2013 Basketball Game Sheet1
These are the games they will most need alumni participation:
- Thursday 12/6/12, 5:30pm report time, 7:00pm tip - Men vs. Arkansas-Little Rock
- Friday 12/21/12 (potential last day on Earth if the Mayans are right), 10:30am report, 12:00pm tip - Women vs. Belmont
- Saturday 12/22/12 (if the Mayans were wrong), 2:30 report, 4:00 tip - Men vs. Wright State
Thursday 12/27/12, 7:30pm report, 9:00pm tip - Men vs. New Mexico CANCELLED FOR ALUMNI BAND
- Saturday 1/5/13, 2:30pm report, 4:00pm tip - Men vs. St. John's
- Sunday 1/6/13, 12:30pm report, 2:00pm tip - Women vs. Villanova
- Tuesday 1/22/13, 5:30pm report, 7:00pm tip - Women vs. DePaul
- Tuesday 2/5/13, 5:30pm report, 7:00pm tip - Women vs. Syracuse
- Tuesday 2/12/13, 6:30pm report, 8:00pm tip - Men vs. Villanova
As Dr. Besse indicated, e-mail him (email@example.com) to let him know when you plan on showing up and if you need to use an instrument. They'll have a flip folder with music and a new pullover top for you to wear during the game. The rest of the uniform is black undershirt, black dress pants (no jeans), black socks and black shoes. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask myself or Dr. Besse.
We hope to see you at all of the games!
---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Besse, Jody (bessejy) <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 12:45 PM Subject: Bearcat Band Basketball Pep BandDear President Bedingfield and Alumni:
On behalf of the Bearcat Bands I would like to extend an invitation for you to perform with the Bearcat Basketball Pep Bands. Bearcat Basketball has started and the games have been great! As we approach the winter break and make plans for the games that occur during the break, we typically have available space for extra performers. Several of our basketball performances occur on Tuesday and Thursday evenings which present a problem for our students due to the conflict with our scheduled rehearsals. We would certainly enjoy and appreciate those of you that are interested in joining the group for one or all of these performances.
Please look over the attached schedule to see if you are interested and able to participate with any of our four bands. Particularly for the dates of Dec. 21 through Jan. 5 or any Tuesday and Thursday evening. We do occasionally have current students in need of substitutes so making yourself available for certain games would be very helpful! Two alumni members have already participated in two separate games. If you are interested in performing for any of the games please send me a message indicating which games you are able to attend, your instrument and part, and your jacket size.
We will have a flip folder available and a jacket for you to wear for the evening. The assigned band for the game begins rehearsal one hour and twenty minutes prior to tip-off. This rehearsal is held in the band room and is mandatory. During this time we check attendance, warm-up and rehearse music, and discuss the logistics for the game.
Jody Besse DMA