Due to all of your generosity, we were able to purchase a new line of percussion equipment for last year’s Homecoming section which included the largest group of percussionists we have had in many years! This year, we are launching a new version that is “All about that Bass…” Down the Drive Campaign – Sousaphones! Learn more by checking out our website page, or go straight to the Foundation webpage to…
Below is the most updated version of the calendar for the University of Community Band! We would love to see all family, friends and community members in attendance!
Wednesday June 22nd- Kennedy Heights
6:45 start time
Kennedy Heights Park
Thursday July 7th- Maple Knoll
11100 Springfield Pike, Cincinnati, OH 45246
Monday July 11th- Greenhills
7pm start time
Corner or Winton and Farragut, Greenhills, OH
Saturday July 16th -Winton Woods
Start time 7pm
1025 Winton Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45231
Tuesday July 19th- Blue Ash
4433 Cooper Rd, Blue Ash, OH 45242
There is parking behind the amphitheater as well as beside it (near the recreation center)
Wed July 27th- Picnic (*This is an event only for members and their family)
- Who: You!
- First rehearsal: Wednesday, May 4
- Rehearsals: Wednesday evenings through July
- Time: 7-9pm
- Directors: Bob Bass (Mason) and Andy Randall (Middletown)
- Location: Rockwern Band Center on the University of Cincinnati Main Campus (147 Corry Blvd, Cincinnati, OH 45219)
- Cost: $10 annual fee
- Uniform: $15 one time cost for a UCCB shirt. Note: Already have one from last year? You are good to go! Dress for concerts includes this shirt with all black (pants, socks, shoes, belt and undershirt).
- Parking: You can park on any streets in Clifton (meters usually stop at 6pm) or you can park in a garage which will have a parking fee. More info on the campus garages is available here.
- Instruments: Need an instrument? Please contact Kristen right away per her email above.
- Next steps: Come to practice, bring friends (consider sharing this awesome UCCB tear-off poster with them), bring your instrument and have fun!
- June 22 @ 7pm: Kennedy Heights Art Center (6546 Montgomery Road, Cincinnati, OH 45213)
- July 7 @ 7pm: Maple Knoll Village (11100 Springfield Pike, Cincinnati, Oh 45346) *This performance is not open to the public.*
- July 11 @ 7pm: Greenhills Concerts on the Commons (24 Farragut Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45218)
- June 16 @ 7pm: Winton Woods Harbor (10245 Winton Road, Cincinnati, OH 45231)
- July 19 @ 7pm: Blue Ash Nature Park Amphitheater for the Blue Ash Tuesday Night Concert Series (4433 Cooper Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242) Map of the park grounds: http://www.blueash.
Save the date for Homecoming 2016! The Reunion will be Friday night, October 21 and the game will be Saturday, October 22 (theme and game time to be announced likely one month out in September 2016).
I am currently working with the undergrad band to put together a social activity for alumni and undergraduate members. This will be a great time to get to better know some fellow band members, past and present.
We are currently looking at bowling at Newport on the Levee on Sunday, February 21st in the early afternoon. This date works best for the undergraduate members since we have to work around basketball schedules, rehearsals, and a host of other band events.
If you are interested in this event, please let me know by *Friday, February 5th*. We will need to reserve lanes ahead of time and put down a 50% deposit, so it’s essential we have an accurate count of who will be attending.
We are planning to bowl from 1-3pm and the cost will be *approximately* $15 including your games and shoes. The exact cost will change based on the number of people per lane, as we will be paying a flat fee per lane, per hour.
Please understand that because we are prepaying half the cost of the lanes, it is essential to accurately RSVP on time.